Set among forests on the very edge of the Masai Mara, the intimate Bateleur Camp reflects the ambiance of Kenyan explorers of old.
Each elegant tent, with its own private butler, replicates the style and glamour of vintage Africa. Slip into a world of hardwood floors, polished silver and sparkling crystal juxtaposed against the romance of the open Mara plains, with their abundant herds of wildlife.
Experience classic safari style, where wildlife adventures by day blend with elegant panache under canvas at night. Commanding sweeping views over some of the premier game viewing regions in the world, this intimate camp reflects the ambiance of the Kenyan explorers of the 20’s and 30’s.
Verdant branches that open up onto an expansive panorama provide endless views of the Masai Mara as soon as you open your eyes in your vast wooden bed.
About the Lodge
- Day and night game drives, bush walks and hot air ballooning available nearby
- Breathtaking views over the Masai Mara – set just below the spot where Out of Africa’s famous final scene was filmed
- Ambiance of classic Kenyan safari
- Community visit, including interaction with the Maasai
- Perfect for wildlife enthusiasts, first time and repeat travellers, nature lovers, photographers, birders
Daytime temperatures above 34˚C / 94˚F
Night-time temperature rarely drops below 11˚C / 52˚F
- BEST TIME TO TRAVEL All year round
- RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN Children are welcome at &Beyond Bateleur Camp.
- GUEST SAFETY Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that guests be extremely vigilant at all times
- LODGE AMENITIES Two intimate camps of 9 tented suites each, overhead fans, Private butler service, Lodge swimming pool
- LANGUAGES English & Swahili
- WILDLIFE Wildebeest, zebra, kongoni, topi, elephant,hippo,buffalo, giraffe, lion, cheetah, leopard, black rhino, crocodiles, Thomsons gazelle, hyena, jackal
- CURRENCY Kenyan Shilling
- CAPACITY 2 camps of 9 tents each, 36 guests
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrades are not applicable with this participant
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- Private Dinner venue for two, once during stay
- A set consisting of a Private Travel Journal
- shoulder bag, 2 leather luggage tags and a voucher wallet per couple
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability